Swedish knifemaker Tony Karlsson lives Agunnaryd. He began making knives in 1997 after being inspired by a knife made by a friend who had taken a knifemaking course.
Like most Nordic makers, Tony begins with a blade made by an expert bladesmith and creates his work of art from there. Tony makes knives ranging from hunting knives to fine folders using materials such as ancient mammoth and walrus ivories, sterling silver, and exotic woods. His attention to detail is clearly visible in his work. He has won numerous awards for his knives throughout Europe.
- 2002 - Gullabo - First prize
- 2002 - Gullabo - Third prize
- 2001 - Huseby - Second prize
- Swedish Knifemakers Association
- Smålands Knifemaker Association