I am an Australian, but I have been living in Japan since 1986. I started making knives in 1993. At first, I made hunting-style knives but soon began making art knives. The transition from hunting knives to art knives was made easier by my background as a jeweler and my obsession with fine detail, which is sometimes a curse.
Since 1999 I have been making side-lock folding knives almost exclusively, though I do make some fixed blade art knives. Also I make some tactical knives to my own design, combining my many years of experience in the art of JuJutsu and as a knife maker. I started to learn JuJutsu in 1959 when I was six years old. My father was my JuJutsu teacher, so my brothers, sister and myself couldn't escape from learning. It was just the natural thing for us to do. I teach JuJutsu here in Japan. I also teach English conversation and make knives.
I do all of my own work except for the heat treating of some special steals like, ATS-34, ZDP-189 and Cowry X.
My work has been published in:
- October 2000, KNIFE Magazine. (Japan). Photo and story, p. 1.
- August 2000, KNIFE Magazine. (Japan). Photo and story, p. 1, p.87.
- January 2000, Japan Armes Magazine . (Japan) Article.
- November 1999, BLADE. (USA). Photo, p. 119.
- October 1999, BLADE . (USA). " Banzai By Way Of The Outback! " Story and photos: p. 30 to 36.
- August 1999, KNIFE Magazine . (Japan). Cover photo in addition to story and photos: cover, p. 56 to 63.
- February 1998, BLADE. (USA). Photos: p 21.
- August 1998, Knives Illustrated . (USA). Story and photo, page 52.
- October 1998, BLADE. (USA). Story and photo, p. 46.
- 2001 - Best Folding Knife - Sakai Knife Show, Osaka Japan
- 2000 - Best Tactical Knife Award - East Coast Custom Knife Show (ECCKS), New York
- 1999 - Best Art Knife - Florida Art Knife Show
- 1998 - Best in Show - Japan Guild Show, Tokyo, Japan
- 1998 - Fujimoto Award - Japan Guild Show, Tokyo, Japan
- 1997 - Best Fixed Blade - Japan Guild Show, Tokyo, Japan
- 1997 - Best Fixed Blade - BLADE Show West
- 1997 - Blade Handmade Award for Fixed Blade - Blade Show West
- 1993 - Best New Maker- Japan Guild Show, Tokyo, Japan
- 1993 - Fujimoto Award - Japan Guild Show, Tokyo, Japan
- Japan Knife Guild
- Australian Knife Guild
PREVIOUSLY SOLD ITEMS
(NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE)